Bon Nadal, Joyeux Federer, Merry Murray, Danza Daveed-uro, Feliz Del Potro, Giddy-up Gasquet, and Happy Picooo everyone!! I hope you’re enjoying a happy holidays and bravely weathering the difficult tennis off-season. I will be sharing a series of interesting links with you all!
- SI Beyond the Baseline has an imaginary ATP Christmas dinner. It much resembles Queridorafa‘s fun-filled Thanksgiving Feast featuring ATP players. I can imagine DelPo needing a nap after spending Christmas dinner with dozens of kids clinging to his arms and legs!
- On a different note, DelPo recently paid a Christmas visit to the Garrahan Hospital in Buenos Aires, to visit children who are currently recovering from illness. It seems he was welcomed there, as he spoke with the patients.
- Iram of the Spaindaviscup site lists her favorite Spanish DC moments from 2011—it’s a nice trip down memory lane, featuring Spain’s successful quest for a 5th DC title.
- Ariennalee has a short, lovely holiday tale featuring Rafa and DelPo (with angel wings!)
- In Andy Murray’s recent candid interview, he recalled spending last year’s Christmas alone running on a beach. It appears he is repeating the same routine this year. I don’t know, but too many holidays spent alone sounds like the type of thing that could scar one’s soul. Please, Murray, give yourself a deserved break for one day!
Here are my own contributions to the Christmas bounty. Below are my hastily done versions of ATP player Christmas cards. Please do not take offense!
You’d be surprised by how difficult it is to find a recent photo featuring a smiling DelPo. Still, elves, elves and a title-winning DelPo make for a winning holiday card.
I had to include this fun Christmas Card because 1) It features mistletoe and 2) It’s Julio Iglesias with Rafa.
Lastly, we have Ferru’s Christmas card with the Spanish word that was revealed to be one of four factors involved in his triumph over Djokovic in London (according to former Spanish DC captain Emilio Sanchez Vicario).